Whenever we feel pain in many parts of our body, often times, we just take it for granted, until our movement becomes limited. This is the reason why a lot of arthritis cases are undiagnosed and untreated.
Arthritis or the inflammation in one or more joints can affect your joint in different ways. You may experience osteoporosis arthritis when the cartilage between your bones starts to wear down or until two bones grate each other. There is also rheumatoid which is caused by an autoimmune disorder that causes the inflammation of the synovial membrane, the soft tissues that protects the joints in your body. Rheumatoid is more harmful since it can lead to bone loss.
Do not let joint pain wear you down. Here are natural remedies for arthritis that can help you in managing pain.
Epsom Salt Soak
Epsom salt contains magnesium sulphate, a natural mineral that can relieve you from pain. If you are starting to feel joint pain, prepare an Epsom salt soak.
1/2 cup Epsom salt
How to Do It:
1. Fill a large bowl with warm water and add Epsom salt.
2. Stir it until the salt is fully dissolved.
3. Submerge your sore joints in the prepared soak.
Turmeric and Ginger Tea
Ginger and turmeric are both anti-inflammatories and can help you with joint pain. Turmeric contains the active ingredient curcumin, a powerful antioxidant. It also helps lower the enzymes that cause inflammation.
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
2 cups water
How to Do It:
1. Boil 2 cups of water.
2. Add 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger and 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric.
3. Reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in honey to taste.
Magnesium relaxes all the muscles and nerve endings and relieves pain and stiffness. Magnesium does not only relax muscles and ease the pain, but it also helps the bones to mineralize.
Taking magnesium capsules as daily supplements while eating foods that are high in magnesium such as dark green, leafy vegetables, nuts, and legumes can help you manage joint pain.
- An Apple a Day Keeps the Doctor Away: Reasons You Should Eat an Apple a Day
- Scary Reason Why You Should Stop Drinking Cow’s Milk