Adding lemon to water is a popular trend now. Drinking this water, which is popularly known as detox water, does not only quench your thirst. It also nourishes your body with vitamins, minerals, and traces of elements that it needs. Lemon with water is considered the best natural energy booster, that is why it is a favorite drink in the morning of most people.
But what does drinking water in the morning do? Why is it important?
When you wake up in the morning, your body tissues are dehydrated and are in need of water. Drinking water in the morning pushes out the toxins and help rejuvenate the cells. In other words, drinking this homemade detox water can help eliminate internal toxins and help regulate the functions of your kidney and digestive tract to make them work as smoothly as possible.
But other than these, what are the importance of drinking water infused with lemon in the morning?
- Water with lemon is good for your joints. It reduces the pain in your joints and muscles.
- Water with lemon provides your body with electrolytes which hydrates the body.
- Water with lemon helps with digestion. Lemon contains citric acids which help stimulate the secretion of gastric juice and digestion.
- Water with lemon cleanses your liver. The juice of the lemon helps it release toxins.
- Water with lemon fights off infections in your sore throat, respiratory tract, and tonsils.
- Water with lemon helps regulate your bowel movement.
- Water with lemon cleanses the blood, blood vessels, and arteries.
- Water with lemon is good for the skin. The vitamin C found in the lemon helps improve your skin by rejuvenating the body and improving your skin condition.
- Water with lemon helps to dilute uric acid, the built up of which leads to pain in the joints and gout.
How to Make Lemon Water
1 cup of warm purified or spring water
How to Make It:
Squeeze the lemon into the cup of warm water. You may use a blender if you want it to be mixed thoroughly. You may also add lemon essential oil to the drink.
Drink water with lemon first thing in the morning when your stomach is still empty. Others recommend drinking it an hour before you eat a meal to get the maximum benefits.