An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
That is an old proverb that all of us are familiar with, but what makes an apple so special? What are the health benefits associated with eating apples?
Apples are one of the most cultivated and most consumed fruits all over the world. A lot of people even call the apple as the “miracle fruit.” In fact, apples are considered as one of the top 10 healthiest foods.
Benefits of Eating Apples
Apples are extremely rich in antioxidants, flavonoids, and dietary fiber. The antioxidants and phytonutrients that it contains can help reduce the risk of developing hypertension, cancer, diabetes, and even heart diseases.
What are the other health benefits of eating apples?
- Improves your neurological health
- Helps prevent dementia and even Alzheimer’s disease.
- Reduces your risk of getting stroke.
- Lowers the levels of bad cholesterol in the body.
- Reduces your risks of developing type 2 diabetes.
- Provides more phenolics, preventing breast cancer.
- Contains good gut bacteria and prevents obesity.
Apple Roses: A More Fun Twist in Eating Apples
If you love desserts and would still want to keep everything healthier but tastier, you can enjoy eating apple roses. This dessert is easy to prepare and fun to do.
2 red organic apples
1 thawed frozen puff pastry sheet
1/2 lemon, squeezed
1 tablespoon flour
3 tablespoons apricot preserve
Cinnamon and powdered sugar (optional)
How to Make It:
1. Core and cut the red apples into thin slices.
2. Fill a bowl with water and add the juice of half lemon. Remove the seeds and add the apple slices.
3. Microwave for about 3 minutes. Drain out all the water.
4. In another bowl, put the apricot preserve and add 2 tablespoons of water. Microwave for 1 minute.
5. Dust the table with the flour. Unwrap the puff pastry and stretch it out. Cut into 6 strips.
6. Spread the apricot preserve in each strip and place the apple slices on the dough. Sprinkle cinnamon if you like.
7. Fold the dough in half and roll.
8. Place the prepared apples in a ceramic or silicone mold and bake at 375 degrees for about 40 to 45 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered cinnamon.
- Scary Reason Why You Should Stop Drinking Cow’s Milk
- 5 Natural Ways to Get Rid of Tonsil Stones
- Say Goodbye to Joint Pain: Reasons for Your Stiffness and Pain and How to Solve It